Research Intern - Hong Kong
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges.
CAPS is seeking to hire a part-time intern (2-3 days per week) with strong analytical and writing skills for its head office in Hong Kong to support CAPS’ research projects focused on philanthropy in the Greater China area. The intern will be a member of a small but high-powered team.
The intern will mainly support ongoing research projects by conducting primary and secondary research, data analysis, and both short-form and long-form writing. Additionally, the intern will:
- Support the analysis and writing of various research reports and articles for publication;
- Research relevant information, intelligence, and trends on philanthropy, charity and private social investment in the Greater China area;
- Support the translation of research materials, reports, and articles from Mandarin to English, and vice versa;
- Write background briefs and memos for senior staff;
- Undertake independent writing when required;
- Assist in general administrative tasks as required.
Requisite qualifications and skills
- Passion for social science research, and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Interest and experience in data analysis and data visualization;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills for effective teamwork across different cultures
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and eager to contribute ideas and opinions;
- Demonstrable interest in philanthropy/nonprofit/social sectors;
- Native proficiency in both English and Mandarin is mandatory. Fluency in additional Asian languages is desirable.
If interested, please send a cover letter, CV and two writing samples (one in English and one in Mandarin) to email@example.com. The internship will start in April and will last for three months, with the possibility of extension. For more information about CAPS, please visit caps.org.